Nature’s Call to Upgrade Yourself - Corona Pandemic Lockdown
Do you remember the time when you were a child, so excited to go out and play with your friends, while your mom or dad forced you to stay back and finish your studies? It felt like home quarantine isn't it?
If you are a parent now, I am sure you do the same with your kid :)
Mother Nature is doing the same with us now, we want to go out and play, and it is forcing us to stay back home and study. We have got a good amount of weeks to focus on our inner development.
This is the time where you bring all your energy and focus onto yourself. It is time to train yourself. You definitely know your weaknesses and the areas which need improvement. It could be your communication skills, fear of the stage, business, team-working skills, management, professional skills like programming, copywriting, designing, art, etc. Or you just want to get better at what you do, and you know better what you need to study.
Because of this downtime, do not sleep more, watch TV or Netflix, talk hours on the phone, etc. Do not waste your life precious free time, this is once in a lifetime thing.
It is of utmost importance that you bring discipline to yourself. Many pieces of research have proven the fact that it takes only 21 days to install a habit in you. This quality yours can turn out to be boon or a curse for you. You can install bad habits unconsciously like sleeping more, eating more, spending enormous time playing or watching TV or playing with the phone and social media.
You have to be more conscious about this time. You got to plan out the next 21 days. You got to write and set your clear intentions that what you wish to achieve in the coming days. Build new habits in this span of time, which will bring great joy and success in your life.
Here is what I am doing and what I recommend to you as well in this beautiful lockdown-time of Corona Pandemic
I am not stopping my daily routine, preferably replacing it with other activities, i.e., meditate, learn, and write.
Meditating every single day, twice a day, a total of around 2.5 hours. This involves breathing techniques, healing, and positive visualization. This also includes 45 mins of exercise. For those who never consciously meditated, I recommend you to try Mindvalley apps on the phone or find youtube videos to get started
Read 100 pages every day. I avoid novels and fictional books; rather, I prefer books on self-help, business, management, politics, communication, auto-biographies, and researches. It also involves learning skills such as writing, drawing, learning new technologies, learning empathy, developing listening skills, etc. through online courses like Linkedin Learning or Lynda.com, Skillshare, etc.
I write sense, around five pages a day. This includes writing my perspectives, creative ideas, business strategies, blogs, ad copies, etc.
Each one of the above can bring a drastic change in yourself. Its effects are only positive, not only to yourself but also to the world. This practice will elevate you for greater success in life. You will be equipped with new knowledge and wisdom, greater tools and techniques, new habits, and a positive vision of the future.
Here is the list of few books I recommend for everyone :
- How to Influence and Win Friends by Dale Carnegie
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Never Split the Difference by Christopher Voss and Tahl Raz
- The Ultimate Sales Machine by Ched
- The Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma
- Inner Engineering by Sadhguru
- Principle of Ray Dalio by Ray Dalio
- Simplify by Greg Lockwood and Richard Koch
- The Richest Man In Babylon by George Samuel Clason
- Hooked by Nir Eyal
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D Wattles
- Headstrong by Dave Asprey
- The Road Less Travelled by M. Scott Peck
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
- My Experiment with Truth (Autobiography of Mahatma Gandhi)
Here are a few of the online courses I am learning through
- Advance Branding by Brad Batesol - Course Link
- The Persuasion Code: The Neuroscience of Sales by Patrick Renvoise - Course Link
- Digital Strategy by Patrick Renvoise - Course Link
- Organization Design by Amy Kates - Course Link
- Critical Thinking for Better Judgment and Decision Making by Becki - Course Link
- Strategic Planning Foundations by Mike Figliuolo - Course Link
- Learning Video Production and Editing - Course Link
- Creating Your Sales Process by Dean Karrel - Course Link
- Starting a Memorable Conversation by Tatiana Kolovou - Course Link
Remember, all these above courses are my preferences, the areas which I need to improve on. You can find your preferable course online; there are millions of courses out there. I avoid youtube because it is very distracting. I prefer LinkedIn or SkillShare because it offers low cost paid subscription, and there are thousands of professional courses to learn from.
I am also running a 21 Day Challenge on Instagram. I dare you to take it :). Its simple, you have to meditate 30+ minutes every day, read 50+ pages or equivalent online content and write 3+ pages and share photos of it on your posts and stories. Hashtag it with #alienate #21daychallenge
I hope you find this blog useful, please share it to spread it.
Joy and Peace,